If there’s one adventure that your little ones can get started on, it has to be camping. They may not have the appreciation or the physical power yet for extreme outdoor scenes, except of course if they will do it for years, but camping gives them all the right reasons to get closer to nature.
How about cooking with them in the camp? Imagine having them grill meat or slice some vegetables, and maybe even arrange beef on sticks for making skewers. Primitive Survivors is listing down the most exciting child-friendly recipes at camp.
There are homemade pancakes, then there are those prepared in the outdoors. Start your mornings in the campground with these classic delights that are well-loved by kids.
- 200 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons milk powder
- 2 pieces eggs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 cup fresh berries
- 500 to 600 ml water
- Begin by setting up the dry pancake mix before making your way to the campground. Place the recommended amount of baking powder, cinnamon powder, flour, milk powder, salt, and sugar into separate jars or containers.
- During the camping, add the eggs and water to the pancake mix from the glass jar. Mix them well.
- Use a non-stick skillet for frying and add oil or butter to melt. Add the pancake mixture into the pan and cook for a few minutes on the fire that you have set until brown or fully cooked. It’s ready!
Who says you cannot have pizza while at the camp? Bonding over pizza turns up a lot of memories either among family members or a group of friends.
- 1 pita bread
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- 3 slices bacon, sliced into strips
- 3 slices salami, sliced into strips
- 1 cup pizza cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mixed vegetables, sliced
- Since the space for making the pizza dough is limited, this campfire pizza will use pita bread. Spread the bread with pizza sauce and sprinkle shredded cheese over the bread.
- Add the toppings — bacon, vegetables, and salami.
- It is important to slide the pizza onto a foil base folded around three times.
- Then, use your campfire grill to cook the pizza and you know it is almost ready if the cheese is now melted. Enjoy!
Smoked Tofu And Vegetable Skewers
Make these skewers and have fun with them maybe before heading for home? This is a perfect lunch or dinner recipe so you can imagine sitting around having these skewers during the night.
- 1 pack smoked tofu
- 1 lb. baby mushrooms
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 2 small zucchini
- 1 red onion
- Start by dicing the tofu evenly. Then, chop the vegetables also in equal sizes and place them on the sticks.
- Lightly spray the sliced and skewered vegetables with cooking oil or cooking spray.
- Prepare the grill over campfire coal and begin cooking the skewers. Grill each side for around five minutes, could be less or more, until you have the desired look.
- Remove the vegetables and tofu from the skewers and now, it is ready. It’s a healthy way to satisfy your cravings while at camp.