An underground survival bunker is every prepper’s dream as it can be helpful in keeping you safe from nuclear attacks, natural calamities, social unrest, and economic downfalls. We also previously mentioned how you can start building your own survival bunker as it became clear that you don’t need to be a millionaire to have one.
After having discussed how to find the right spot for your bunker, get a permit, excavate, and know the materials needed, this article will cover how to conceal your bunker and how you can peacefully survive in it!
Concealing Your Underground Survival Bunker
After building the structure and covering it with dirt, you need to find a way to hide it. That’s its main purpose. You don’t want anyone to know you have a secret safe house they can intrude. No one should know your food and ammo stock so you won’t be vulnerable to theft.
The easiest and cheapest way for you to disguise a large underground home is by landscaping, or covering it with local dirt and planting local fauna. You can just use up the rocks and bushes you dug out for the foundation to spend less!
Another thing you have to conceal is the door. If it’s possible to have a bridge or hallway between it and your house, then do it. But if you can’t, try putting the entrance to your bunker inside an old, unsuspicious shed.
If you build your bunker underneath your home, then the door can be hidden under a carpet of the couch. This is actually where you can get creative and fun.
Here are two videos that will guide you in building your bunker.
What You Need in Your Bunker
There are no limits as to what you can put in your underground survival bunker, but here are some of the basics you shouldn’t miss:
- Weapons and ammo. Self-defense is essential for survival. Some people use their bunkers as their giant gun safe. Although this is a great idea, leave some space for the next few stuff we will mention.
- Food and water. Of course, staying in an underground bunker for a period will require you to eat. So, stock up on some non-perishable food and bottled water to keep you satiated.
- Electricity generator. It’s ideal to have a wind or solar power generator to power your bunker as propane or kerosene may produce gas fumes.
- Medicines. Medicines are an absolute must. You might survive from the harsh conditions outside your neighborhood, but your sickness may still kill you.
- Entertainment. Staying sane while the world is collapsing outside you is important! Store board games, a deck of cards, a shelf of books, painting supplies, dominoes, video games, movies, lots of mental diversions.
The best way to maximize your survival in any situation is to be prepared. We know we keep telling you this all the time. Stay prepared, even if it means having to build your own underground survival bunker. It’s one of the many ways you can ensure you and your family’s security no matter the circumstances.
Getting immediate help from the government, rescuers, and the US military is not so reliable, nor do we have billions of dollars at our disposal. But that doesn’t mean we have to sacrifice our protection. Underground shelters can be reasonably priced if you know the right strategies!
Make sure to use it as a storage space for your survival kits to have a complete supply of everything you need in case of an emergency.